Monday 16 April 2007

Mr George

As part of my Education degree at uni, i have to go out and do teaching rounds. For this lot of rounds i am spending 10 days teaching at 'Ringwood Secondary College'.

So there were may questions i was going through in my own mind this morning:
  • what do i wear? (i got it wrong and got in trouble)
  • what if the teacher doesn't turn up? (it happened, she was half an hour late and i was left standing outside with her year 12 class)
  • what if the kids don't like me? (i think i did ok with the year 9 girls)
  • what do they call me?

I wanted to be called Dave, but evidently i have to be called Mr George. My dad is a teacher and he is 'Mr George' but his kids call him 'Muzza' why do i have to 'Mr. George' I want to be the cool teacher not the loser that follows a heavily pregnant music teacher around the school.

I like my name why can't i use it?

"God is exalted in his power. Who is a teacher like him?, Job 36:22"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't think you look much like a Mr. George. I definately think of your dad when I hear that name. Maybe they can call you Georgie-o like I do!

What did you wear that got you into trouble?