Monday 28 May 2007

Being a 'Yes' man


Well what a day yesterday was!


Kids Church, 11am with the Band and songsters, Pentecost Sunday, Melbourne Football Club going down by a point (Great game, we may have lost the the game on the field but we won the trash talk off the field), Pirates of the Caribbean 3, and Jim Knaggs.


Out of all of these (even though Pirates was good) my 'play of the day' goes to Jim Knaggs with his message on being a 'Yes' Man. It was powerful, it definitely spoke to me, to shrug off the strangle hold the enemy can get on my life and to stand up and say 'Yes' to God.


It is easy to say No, there are so many ways around it


  • Not today, Maybe, We'll see, I'm busy, Ask later, Give me some time, I'll think about it.

All of these mean the same thing, 'I don't want to do it, i am uncomfortable'


Uncomfortable is the way that the Devil knows he can bind me up, if i get the slightest though of what i will be seen like, that's it, I'll find a way out. If there is a way out, i will find it, ask any uni tutor i have ever had.


Stand up, step up and say 'Yes'. God is ready to lead the path and protect you in every way possible, he has already walked the path, all you need to do is have the courage to say 'Yes'.



"Yes," he replied" 1 Kings 18:8 (NIV)


"Yes," says the Spirit" Revelation 14:13 (NIV)


Even the last words in the Bible are "Yes"



"He who testifies to these things says, "Yes, I am coming soon." Amen. Come, Lord Jesus." Revelation 22:20 (NIV)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dave, I am absolutely amazed when I read your blog. WOW you have become an amazing man of God! Who would have thought two or so years ago that this was how you would be now. Keep on believing in God Dave, He will see you through everything in life. I will continue to read your blog with interest.