Thursday 10 May 2007

Loneliness




Loneliness is one of the most common feeling that people experience in there lifetime.

I walk past people everyday, most are happy enough to not to talk to you but if you look at someone, just anyone in the street, as you walk past keep eye contact with them, most people wait until the last minute to look up, but they will look up, I guarantee it, just smile and keep walking.

People need contact, as a whole the world is not such an ugly place, people want to connect with others. In this world of instant messages, instant electricity and instant noodles, face to face conversation has almost died. Everyone just wants to talk to someone.

Take today for example, i was on my way to Uni, i walk to Box Hill station and go onto the platform, i find that whenever i don't have a distraction from the world, i like to talk to God. Today I asked him to guide me in my day, to do his will, so i was on the lookout for a situation in which i could speak to someone.

It wasn't more than 3 seconds into my walk along the platform when i had an elderly gentleman speaking to me, asking how my day was. He just wanted to chat.

The loneliest place in the world can be a room full of people, the feeling of isolation and alienation can only be overcome with a one to one connection with someone else.

This is the role of the Holy Spirit in our lives, the one-to-one connection with Jesus that can not be distanced. Once you are one with the Holy Spirit, you are never alone, Jesus is closer to you than anyone in this world could ever be.

Jesus promised that the spirit would come upon all, you only need ask (Joel 2:28), with Jesus you will never be alone.


"Loneliness and the feeling of being unwanted is the most terrible poverty."
Mother Teresa

1 comment:

kCiL said...

what you wrote is very true! I experience that myself. ;-)