Saturday 12 May 2007

More Boring Teacher Stuff


Further to the ever present idea that ‘Teachers are Boring and Longwinded’, I did a gig at the Crown Palladium Ballroom last night for the ‘Education Week Dinner’.

The dinner was for all the ‘big-wigs’ of education, there were awards, and a fantastic dinner, but the speeches (and you thought my blog was boring!)

I was in at Crown at 3pm for sound check and it all went pretty well, but I didn’t leave until midnight, it was the longest boring time ever. We sat there all night and waited to play, we played about 30mins of music and the rest of the time was sitting around, I was so bored I started reading a book!

While the teachers in the ballroom were dining on warm Chicken salad, leg of lamb and chocolate mousse at fancy tables we got some cheese sandwiches on a plate, and they wouldn’t let us out to get anything else.

So by the end of the night I was tired and very hungry.

What a life I have to look forward too!

1 comment:

fee said...

ha. teachers are boring. really. do you want me to read your blog or not! well really. ok, so i would like to think i am not boring, and i still do regard myself as a teacher.
but i get your point, many of them are. and thats what's wrong with the kids of today. they don't understand their boring teachers...

love your work.