Monday 7 May 2007

Teach vs Social Work

I know it probably doesn't matter to anyone else but me, but can someone tell me why is it that universities only have one way and are always open for debate but only if it is what they want to hear.


I had my 3 hour teaching tutorial and we were talking about what our beliefs about teaching are (just a nice light topic, nothing deep about that...not!)


One of the questions was 'does teaching involve social work', my answer is yes. If you don't understand a students life, you can't understand how or what needs to be taught.


I am a bit cynical about teaching and the politics that go along with it. I believe that there have been many great teachers, but none more effective that Jesus. Jesus was no socolar, he didn't go to Uni and undergo the rubbish they have in 'teacher training'. He taught from God, he taught for God, and he was God.


I can only do two of those three, but two is better than none.


evryone is a teacher, we all pass on knowledge to others in example, in belief and particularly in action. Teaching comes from life not from a classroom.


"Set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity. Timothy 4:12"


No comments: