Wednesday 25 April 2007

Mr George Baby!!!!

I had a very interesting thing happen to me in class today,

Whilst teaching a year 7 music class one of the year 7 girls in the class was calling out to get my attention, i don't answer there question unless there hand is up and i will then go over too them.

This girl knew that and was calling out, I looked at her and made her put up her hand. so she did that but still kept calling out my name whist i was walking over to her. I got within about 5 steps of her and she called out 'Mr George Baby', i was stunned, i had no idea what to do, I told her that it was ok and that we will just ignore that, but i tell you what, she was embarrassed, her friends gave her such a hard time after i left.

My supervising teacher looked up in shock as well, at lunch time my supervising teacher went and told everyone in the staff room. evidently it happens all the time, but usually the kids call out 'Mum', i was the first to be called 'Baby' and i am quite proud of it too.

May people in the bible have called out:
  • Abraham called out 318 men (Genisis 14:14)
  • the angel of the Lord called to Abraham (Genisis 22.11)
  • Gideon called out to his troops (Judges 7:15)
  • David called out to Saul (1 Samual 24:8)
  • Jesus called his 12 desciples (Mattew 10:1)

But none of them called out 'Mr George Baby!"

"In my distress I called to the LORD; I called out to my God. From his temple he heard my voice; my cry came to his ears." 2 Samual 22:7 (NIV)

No comments: