Wednesday 30 May 2007

Sausage Evangelism



I was on my way home from uni today and i was walking past that weird white shipping container at Box Hill Centro and there was a whole bunch of Chinese people giving out stuff so i went over and saw that it was just sausages so walked off, before i got about 10 metres past it this lady popped out the side and gave me one, as well as half an uncooked onion on top of it. I ate it.




She also gave me a piece of paper that had details about a church in Surrey Hills, i looked at it and told her i actually go to the Box Hill salvos down the road, she was not impressed, she had just told me all about their fantastic young people at the church and i had just blown all her hopes. She just walked off and i was left standing there eating a sausage.




Why did she go, was she on a commission cheque for how many people she could get to the church, did i call her bluff and it is another one of the churches that have no young people, is it worth fighting other churches for members, Does God even like sausages? All these questions.




I think God would commend her efforts in out reach to community, but i think the fact that she switched off after i told her i was already saved means that her heart was not in the right place.




I like the sausages idea though, that's how the Salvation Army began, William Booth said 'Feed the hungry, because no-one gets saved on an empty stomach!!!'.




Well Done my Chinese friends.

3 comments:

Em said...

Good work chinese lady! Although it goes against every food regulation in the book! lol,

...maybe she just really had the hots for you and was utterly shattered that after that moment you would be out of her life!

fee said...

seriously - GOD LOVES SAUSAGES - never quesiton that!

Anonymous said...

I applaud you for being daring enough to eat something potentially dodgy and germ filled in good ol Bocca!

... she was probably a relative of mine in some weird distant way...