Friday 1 June 2007

Lazy Old people

What is it with young people always having to do the work? I was working today (with Em and her Gaffa tree), and it is sale day tomorrow. On Sale days companies pretend that they have all this stock that they have had out the back that they want to clear. The real story is that suppliers give huge discounts on stock if they can sell it at the sale. So really you are buying new stock that is making more profit than usual stuff. What a sham!!!

Anyway all this stuff arrives the day before and lucky me I get to ‘help’ carry it all up stairs. This means ‘Dave, can you carry this stuff upstairs while I sit and do nothing’. It is trash. The other guys here do nothing, they complain that they have back problems or disappear after moving the first box. So I end up moving all the boxes and I end up with the back problems.

Oh well, such is life, who am I to complain.

(At least I didn’t have to rip Gaffa all day!)

2 comments:

Em said...

yer, my hands got pretty sore!

Anonymous said...

Dave, someone's got to do it, and it may as well be you. I am sure they appreciated it even if they didn't show it.