Thursday 14 June 2007

Day 9: Ask And You Shall Recieve

"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.” Matt 7:7-8 (NIV)


As a kid did you ever ask for something while you were at the shops and your Mum or Dad would get it for you, I did and I was good at it. Back in the day my family (when we were still all together) had a great undercover carport and in summer Dad and Mum’s car were parked on the street because we set up the massive pool in the garage, this thing was the size of a proper in ground pool so all the kids from the street came over for a swim. Anyway we all got hooked on these little battery operated boats that ‘Franklin’s’ (that was the supermarket back then) stocked. They were great, you switched them on and they flew along, they were fast, and dangerous for kids of 5 to be playing with.

Anyway, I used to go shopping with Mum or Dad (never together or I had no chance) to buy the groceries for the week and I got a boat when I asked, I didn’t ask every time because I knew what mood Mum or Dad had to be in (Dad was so much easier to persuade, still is), I just asked and I received, it was great.

Sometimes the answer was no but I have forgotten all the times it was no, but I do remember the times it was yes.

Imagine if you could have that relationship with God, ask and he will provide. Well you do, if you want it and ask long enough God will answer you in someway. Like the boats it wasn’t always yes but when it was I was so happy. Thank you God for the generosity to give me another day in connection with you, for that is a true gift.

No comments: