Thursday 14 June 2007

Day 8: Remove The Plank



"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.”
Matt 7:1-2 (NIV)


Have you ever had to deal with one of those people that are really good at picking the faults of everyone else except themselves, they are usually called hypocrites, and I know a fair few of them. In fact I would also classify myself in that category. At times I really struggle to see me own faults but can tell you most of the faults of everyone around me.

It’s not such a bad thing to see the faults of others just as long as it doesn’t scar your perception of them as people. It is ok to be cautious but not to the point of exclusion.

Being able to judge people isn’t the same as being judgmental, judgemental is where the trouble will begin. No one is perfect, and no-one will ever be so it is very unwise to be judging everyone else until you yourself are perfect. Good Luck with that.



"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay
no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4How can you say to your brother,
'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when all the time there is a plank in
your own eye? 5You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then
you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye. Matt 7:3-6
(NIV)


I will have to change but at least I can see my own plank. In fact I have a few planks, probably enough to build a nice pergola out of. Jesus is the one that has the power saw that can cut through all the planks in my eye, and I pray that he will for both me and you.



“Jesus bent down and started to write on the ground with his finger. When they
kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "If any one of you
is without sin, let him be the first to throw a stone." John 8:7 (NIV)

No comments: