Thursday 14 June 2007

Day 7: Seek the Kingdom First

“But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be
given to you as well.” Matt 6:33 (NIV).

This verse is a carry on from day 6. God’ kingdom comes first. We need not sweat the small stuff, focus on God and all the rest will automatically fall into place, if we listen to God then all things are seen in perspective and are in control. In God’s word it says that nothing can separate us from his love:

“For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,
neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39neither height nor depth,
nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of
God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.” Romans 8:38-39 (NIV).

So why do we let things get in the way of our relationship with God.

This week I moved into a new house, by myself and I have been running around doing so many things that I really haven’t focused on God. It got to a point yesterday that I just had to stop and sit down and say to God, ‘I’m sorry I have made myself so busy that I have ignored you, speak to me and draw me back to your love’. He did, I still got done what I needed to get done but God was leading and showed me the next step I should take.

I wasn’t out saving souls for God but I was listening and taking the time to put God first.

No comments: