Friday 8 June 2007

Day 6: Don't sweat the small stuff

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.
Each day has enough trouble of its own.” Matt 6:34 (NIV)

In the verses before this one Jesus tells us not to worry about life, ‘what shall I eat’, ‘what shall I wear’, ‘what do I look like’, the answer to these questions is, ‘it doesn’t matter’.

But unfortunately it does, I am ashamed to say that I am a product of society. Today a lady came into work to do a rental on a flute, this lady was morbidly obese, this lady was not the biggest I’ve ever seen but she was by far the most awkward person I have dealt with. I really struggled to look at her and she could tell I was struggling and she looked down at the floor for most of the conversation, I really tried my best but it obviously wasn’t enough to disguise my awkwardness, I felt horrible afterwards, I’m sorry I am not who I should to be.

I understand worry and I understand stress (it had me returning to the doctor 46 times and hospital 4 times in the last 3 years), It is hard not to worry and over analysis what is not ours to worry about. The Lord is in control and will carry you when times get unbearable (read Footprints), the Lord is in control, we just have to let go of the reins for long enough for him take control.

The closest I have ever felt to God was lying there in a hospital bed, some say it’s because I was half dead, but I don’t think so, it was that I had nothing, I couldn’t do anything for myself, I had to rely on God to get me through, he was a constant companion (Em wasn’t too far behind in the companionship stakes).

Trust in the Lord and he will get you through.

“Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding”
Proverbs 3:5 (NIV)

No comments: