Thursday 7 June 2007

Day 5 : Treasures in Heaven

"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.” Matt 6:19-22 (NIV)

The reward of God, I have talked about it before, but again I’ll just remind you again with one word. ‘Inconceivable’.


To me storing up treasure sounds like you put it in a vault and lock it away for a certain time. Now, I rarely store up my treasure here on earth, I put them on display, (maybe I need to go back and read Day 2 again). I think that the vault idea works for me in the way I think of storing up my treasure in heaven. I locked place were ‘pirates’ can’t steal my treasure, everything a good deed is done and it is done not for the eyes of man, God takes that reward and put it in the vault. One day when I get to heaven God will open that vault put aside for me and give me my rewards.


So does my heart end up in this vault too? I don’t know, but if my heart is worthy enough to be put in that vault I guess it will be there.


I know that my heart will not actually come to heaven with me but the way I see it is this (it’s quite confusing):



  • We are called to have the Heart of God for his people here on Earth.

  • God’s heart is in heaven

  • I want to go to heaven

  • If I have God’s heart and it is in heaven then isn’t it the same heart,

  • So therefore my heart will be there also.

I told you it was confusing, but that’s the way I see it.


Lord give me your heart to see your world changed for you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep praying for God's heart Dave, I believe you are well and truly on your way to getting it. Keep on believing and trusting in Him.