Wednesday 6 June 2007

Day 4: Forgive




“For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.” Matt 6:14-15 (NIV)



Wow, if that’s not scary, I don’t know what is. Can it be anymore black and white?


If you can’t find it in your heart to forgive, God will not be forgiving of all your flaws.

Imagine being convicted of all your sins, Past, Present and Future, I wouldn’t be able to stand under the weight of all my sin, scary thought. That is why we need to be out in the world saving souls for Christ, he can’t physically go and talk to people, that is our job (Matt 28:19)

But God wants to forgive, he wants nothing more than to share an eternity with us, but we must learn to forgive also, if we are going to be like Jesus, which is the aim, we need to forgive.

Learn to love and you will learn to be like Christ.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Forgiveness - easier said than done sometimes. Something that we have to keep working at I guess. I know I find it very hard at times to forgive, but I have to remember that if Jesus can forgive us, even when we keep stuffing up, we need to be able to do the same for others. I love your blog Dave, keep up the good work. You amaze me!

fee said...

hey dave. i am just so thankful for the ways i have seen you grow over the last few years. i praise God and pray that you will always keep him as your number one priority!!!
you are great. hold on to God. don't ever let go.