Wednesday 6 June 2007

Day 3: God's agenda, not ours


"Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name,
your kingdom come,
your will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us today our daily bread.
Forgive us our debts,
as we also have forgiven our debtors.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from the evil one.”
Matt 6:9-13 (NIV)


I have prayer this prayer almost every Sunday since I have been part of the band in the 11am service at church, but I actually had a decent look at it the other day, I don’t know about you but it is quite boring to me unless you mean what you are saying.

Have a look at it with me.

Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name,
Lord God, Held above everything else is your name.

your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.
You rule this world, Have it all your way, restore this world to be like heaven.

Give us today our daily bread.
Provide us with all we need to survive. and not want anything more.

Forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.
For give our wrong doing and sin as we forgive those that have done us wrong.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one
Help us not to fall and have the courage to fight for you.

I’m glad I did that process because I can walk away saying ‘your will be done’ not mine, your will be done. Imagine that, a life totally lead by God.

No comments: