Wednesday 6 June 2007

Day 2: The Right Reasons



"Be careful not to do your 'acts of righteousness' before men, to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven." Matt 6:1 (NIV)



Why do we do the things we do? I must admit I am not perfect even thought I would never say it to your face, I stuff up, every week, every day, every hour and sometimes even every minute of the day. I do a lot of things to make myself feel and look better than I actually am.

But I do not always stuff up, sometimes I get things right, my mind, my heart and God’s will match up and what results is an act of selflessness.

In the verse above it says that if you do your acts of kindness to be seen by man, ‘you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.’ I don’t know about you but the rewards of man for me don’t stack up against the rewards of God. I don’t know what they are, and if I did my brain would explode because as a man on this earth I do not have the capacity to comprehend what that reward might be, (woman might because of their higher brain capacity and intelligence)

Even thought I stuff up sometimes, I’ll still try to do what I can for God and not for sight of man. Lord help me!!!!!

3 comments:

Em said...

we do have big brains don't we!

Dave said...

well yes you do have bigger brains but 98 % of it is filled with rubbish so you don't have enough room left to be smarter than males, but the potential is there.

Anonymous said...

Careful Dave, us girls will get you for comments like that!